Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Soul to Take

From Books

"She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…"

Kaylee has a weird ability, she screams whenever someone dies. She doesn't know why, and she can't really figure out how to stop it.When she meets Nash she finds out that she is a banshee. She sees a persons soul when they die. Kaylee finds out that normally when someone dies it is suppose to happen. However with several of the girls at her school dying, she is pretty sure that they weren't suppose to die. With the help of her new friend (that may possibly be her boyfriend) she wants to find out. As she searches for the truth, she also learns what happened on the night her mom died, and why her dad just left her with her uncle and moved to Ireland.
It is a teen drama, and the whole is he, isn't he my boyfriend does tend to get a little annoying, but that doesn't diminish the story line. However this book is the first in a series, and I doubt I will read the whole series. To me it seems like the plot can only be stretched for so many books, and right now there are five books. I really liked the first book, and I thought it was a great story, but I can't see myself reading all the books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment